Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ask and you shall receive

The problem with this is that you always get what you want. But not always the way you thought it would come.
Let me begin this story by telling you that as I have said before that just recently we have had our youngest leave the house and move to NYC, He has called us with great excitement about all the new things he is doing and how much of an asset he is making himself to the Co. Great joy of joy, an answer to any fathers prayer life. But 25 years. I know God's time is not our time.
So the greater part of this story is about me. During the week I did a major dusting and cleaning job at the shop. By the time I got home I felt like I was going to die.
My hope was that a good hot shower would get the dust of my face and hair and I would be fine. But as life would have it I was up all night with a painful burning chest.
I the dark ours of the night I asked God to help me provide for my family, and to help me see what is important. The reality of our store is that at one time I had four to five part timers. Now I have my self, one full timer, and a part timer who has been with me for years but is moving towards a better job with my blessing.
When I got out of bed, I had that sick feeling that this was the beginning of God testing me. Can I really let go and let God do something for me? So I got to work
even though I knew in my heart of hearts that I was not staying . I did what I had to
do. Gave my full time helper the news that I would not be around for at least two days. He would be working the weekend alone.
I then saw a Doctor who read me the riot act about lung protection. And spent two and a half days thanking God for providing for my daily needs. But still not sleeping and still in deep chest pain. I'm sill in some pain, but sometimes I believe it takes this kind of wake up call to really believe. We don't work alone. God has a purpose.
God is always watching over us.

2 comments:

batgirl said...

Oh...FEEL BETTER! Did you hear Joe's sermon Sunday? He talked about tests...and whining. Sounds to me like you're pointed in the right direction. Yes, God is trustworthy. We all know it in our heads. I guess He wants to teach us in our hearts...

ellehasuly said...

I do hope you're feeling better, Robert! Your post was insightful.

Joy to you,
Lynne