Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Soil in the Garden

Last fall I had begun a large pile of leaves and cut grass with the plans to plant a crop of potatoes this spring. But spring got the better of me and that plan went with a few others. I tend to let go of things that are not a real priority. Relationship is a high priority. The rest is just fluff.
But a few weeks ago I decided to throw a few bean seeds into the over sized compost pile and just see what came up. No my middle name is not " Jack". That was a weekend that we had recieved flower transplants from a family friend so I was deep into the farming and planting mode. From what I am seeing we should have some monster bean plants, if past experience of growing direct into the compost is any indicator.
Stay with me I'm going somewhere with this but I have to go now.
I will follow with my thinking on this subject soon.
Robert

2 comments:

batgirl said...

"relationship is a high priority. The rest is just fluff."

I like that quote. Can I keep it?

ellehasuly said...

This is a wonderful post, Robert. Thanks...The quote to the left as I write this is just perfect. Relationship should be our highest priority. You are right, brother...

Have that cup o'joy,
Lynne