Friday, July 20, 2007

The land as I see it.

I told you there was more to come.
As I see it the land is divided into 3 kinds of dirt. Sand which grows very little and when it does it is for a very short season. Sand does not hold water and does not feed life into plants. The second is clay or mud which is so sticky that when it dries it
forms a crust. This is good for clay pots and water jugs but not for growing things, however it is very useful. And very good for constuction etc.
Then there is soil. Soil is full of life, it contains life and gives life. Because of it's life giving properties I consider it to be one of God's great gifts to man. One of the interesting things about soil to me is that in order for something to become Part of the life giving soil, it must die.
Really good soil is full of things that were once alive but now are dead. But through their death they feed and nourish new life. Good rich soil produces a rich variety of God's great gifts to us. Good soil is full of both large and microscopic living organisms. And the remains of things that were once alive. Good soil is just like life. It works to find balance.

Reading Matthew 13:23 encourages me to continue to live the life that God lays down before me to live. And encourages me to continue to create in my life a rich soil of joy for Jesus, so that those who are near me will know that God is real.
Love you guys.
Robert

2 comments:

batgirl said...

when i was in debbie p's bible study, i remember her telling us that we humans are actually made out of the same ingredients as dirt. makes sense since we were made from the dust, huh? the whole composting thing is pretty wild... more evidence of an awesome Creator.

ellehasuly said...

There is much rich soil in this post. The mental images are flowing as I read and re-read it. I am sure much blessing will grow out of this soil.

Be blessed,
in Jesus,

Lynne